- 4 thick slices of day-old sourdough bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (dairy or plant-based)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Butter or cooking oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Maple syrup, fresh berries, or powdered sugar for serving
- Preheat your toaster oven to a medium-high setting, around 200°C (400°F), or adjust the temperature based on your toaster oven’s settings.
- Slice your sourdough bread to your preferred thickness. Thicker slices will take longer to toast, while thinner slices will toast more quickly.
- Place the sourdough bread slices directly on the toaster oven rack or on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Ensure that the slices are evenly spaced and not overlapping.
- Insert the rack or baking sheet into the preheated toaster oven. Toast the sourdough bread for a few minutes on each side, depending on your desired level of toasting. Keep a close eye on the bread to avoid burning.
- Check the bread periodically and rotate the slices if necessary for even toasting. Adjust the toasting time based on your desired level of crispiness.
- Once the sourdough bread reaches your desired level of toasting, carefully remove it from the toaster oven using oven mitts or tongs. Let it cool slightly before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 255 kcal
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Protein: 17 g
Keywords: sourdough french toast