- 100 grams bread flour
- 100 grams water
- 25 grams mature sourdough starter (100% hydration)
- In a clean mixing bowl, combine the bread flour, water, and mature sourdough starter. Mix well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated and form a thick, sticky batter.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a clean kitchen towel and let it sit at room temperature for 8 to 12 hours. This allows the poolish to ferment and develop flavor.
- After the fermentation period, the poolish should appear bubbly and have a slightly tangy aroma. It should also have risen and expanded in volume.
- At this point, the sourdough poolish is ready to be used in your bread recipe. You can proceed to incorporate it into your final dough according to the specific bread recipe you’re following.
Keywords: poolish recipe