- 1 medium-size cauliflower
- 1 zucchini
- 1 leek
- 5 kale leaves
- dry herbs and spices (pepper, parsley, hot peppers)
- 1 heaping tablespoon of coconut oil or ghee
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- handful or two of rye sourdough bread croutons
- Cut the cauliflower into smaller florets, put it into pot, add 1 l of water and cook it for 10 minutes until slightly tender.
- In the meantime, slice zucchini and chop the leek and kale.
- Heat the coconut oil or ghee in another pot. When hot, first put in sliced zucchini and leek and let it there for couple of minutes until soft. Stir from time to time. Next, add chopped kale, mix well and let it heat for a minute. Season with salt and with dry spices and herbs of your choice.
- Pour cooked cauliflower together with water into blender, add 1 tablespoon of butter and blend well – until smooth.
- Pour the cauliflower mix over sauteed vegetables and mix well. Next, use your hand blender to blend the vegetables.
- Serve with rye sourdough bread croutons on the top. To prepare croutons, bake the sliced bread for 10 minutes at 220-230°C (425-445°F) or until crunchy and brown.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: soup
- Cuisine: European, American
Keywords: Creamy Cauliflower Soup