Begin your mornings with the most delicious sourdough breakfast sandwich, that’ll have your taste buds tingling in anticipation. Fill this scrumptious sandwich with your favorite breakfast fillings to suit your taste. Get creative, and incorporate leftovers, cheeses, and slices of meat to make this a masterpiece. Once you try a sourdough breakfast sandwich, there’s no going back!
Table of Contents
- What’s in This Scrumptious Sourdough Breakfast Sandwich?
- Other Delicious Sourdough Sandwiches
- So, Sourdough Breakfast Sandwiches!
What’s in This Scrumptious Sourdough Breakfast Sandwich?
A sourdough sandwich can contain anything your heart desires. From dribbling fried eggs to pan-fried turkey bacon, topped with slices of cheese, nestled between two slices of sourdough bread. This sourdough breakfast sandwich is the perfect way to make use of any leftover veggies, minimize waste, and create a fantastic breakfast cuisine for you and your family to enjoy!
Take a look at the recipe below:
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup parsley
- green onions
- bell pepper
- cheese slices
- Toast the slices of sourdough bread until they’re perfectly golden brown.
- Cook the eggs according to your personal preference, i.e., poached, fried, boiled, or scrambled. I like to make scrambled eggs with my sourdough sandwich, coupled with chopped parsley and green onions.
- Spread one slice of sourdough bread with 1 tablespoon of cream cheese, and the other with cooked scrambled eggs. Add a drizzle of your favorite hot sauce if you dare! You can also top this with some cheese or turkey bacon if you fancy. Slice and enjoy!
Other Delicious Sourdough Sandwiches
These delicious sourdough sandwiches make the perfect meal for any time of day. If you’re wondering what to serve for brunch, then take a look at the variety of sandwiches below!
- Burger King sourdough sandwich
- Dunkin Donuts sourdough sandwich
- Grilled cheese Sourdough sandwich
- Egg and mushroom sandwich
- Salmon egg and cress toast
- Sourdough fiesta breakfast sandwich
Burger King Sourdough Sandwich
Looking to save time and mess? Then Burger King’s sourdough breakfast sandwiches are calling your name! This scrumptious tangy sandwich features fluffy eggs, and melted cheese served alongside sausages, hash browns, and a drink of your choice!
Dunkin Donuts Sourdough Sandwich
A Dunkin Donuts sourdough sandwich will bring nothing but joy to your growling gut. This delectable sandwich consists of two eggs, five half-slices of bacon, and cheddar cheese slapped on a wonderfully crisp sourdough toast. Top this incredible treat with your favorite sauce, and enjoy!
Grilled Cheese Sourdough Sandwich
When in doubt, try a grilled cheese sandwich. It’s incredibly cheesy, and comforting, and promises to fill the gaping hole of hunger ripping through your stomach.
- Take two slices of sourdough bread, and spread some butter on both slices.
- Meanwhile, heat a cast iron pan over medium-low heat. You want the pan to be hot when you add your cheese-filled sourdough sandwich to it.
- Spread the tops of your sourdough bread with mayonnaise, and place this into your heated pan.
- Wait for your sandwich to become crisp and caramel-brown, before removing it.
Egg and Mushroom Sandwich
Sautéed, velvety mushrooms transform a basic egg sandwich into something phenomenal. This sandwich features sourdough toast, topped with sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions, and a fried egg.
For additional flavor add a pinch of chili flakes, pepper, and salt for a tongue-tingling finish.
Salmon Egg and Cress Toast
This salmon egg and cress toast are rich in protein, enabling you to begin your day incredibly satiated. For this breakfast sandwich you’ll need:
- 2 slices of fresh sourdough bread
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 hard-boiled egg (sliced)
- 1 poached or roasted salmon
- 2 tbsp cress
- Pinch of black pepper
- Begin by lightly toasting your sourdough bread until it’s a lovely shade of golden brown.
- Cut each slice into three fingers.
- Arrange the sliced hard-boiled eggs on top of the sliced bread.
- Top this with sliced salmon, and cress. Season with fresh black pepper, then serve immediately.
Sourdough Fiesta Breakfast Sandwich
This hearty breakfast sandwich is made with toasted sourdough, followed by your favorite breakfast ingredients such as scrambled eggs, fried bell peppers, pepper jack cheese, sliced sausages, and avocados. For breakfast recipes that’ll have your stomach dancing with joy, take a look at sourdough breakfast recipes for more inspiration!
So, Sourdough Breakfast Sandwiches!
Sourdough breakfast sandwiches are both delicious and fulfilling, making them the perfect choice for breakfast or brunch.
Since sourdough recipes bring nothing but joy to any food lover’s household, you simply must head over to sourdough discard recipes and give them a try!
Is Sourdough Bread Good For Sandwiches?
When you think of sourdough bread, you immediately envision crusty, chewy artisan-style bread. But this bread made with natural yeasts is also a rich flavored soft crusted sandwich loaf, perfect for cramming with your favorite sandwich fillings.
What Kind of Bread is Good for Breakfast Sandwiches?
When looking for the perfect kind of bread for a breakfast sandwich, there are many incredible choices to choose from! Some of these can include white bread, bagel, roll, wheat bread, croissants, tortillas, biscuits, or flaky English muffins.
How do You Make a Jimmy Dean Sourdough Breakfast Sandwich?
To cook a Jimmy Dean sourdough breakfast sandwich, you’ll need to remove the wrapper and wrap the sandwich in foil. Cook or bake for 10-20 minutes.
Are Eggs Good on Sourdough?
Like any breakfast sandwich, you can top sourdough bread with anything you like. Whether it’s fried eggs, simple butter, or lots of jam!